Accused of Driving Under the Influence?
You Need the Assistance of Our Mendenhall DUI Lawyer
The best time to hire your DUI defense lawyer in Mendenhall is immediately following your arrest. This gives your lawyer the most time possible to build a strong defense on your behalf. The sooner you hire a lawyer, the better chance you have of winning your case.
If you have been arrested for DUI, do not hesitate to contact a qualified DUI defense lawyer in Mendenhall. The sooner you do, the better chance you have of beating the charges against you and avoiding serious penalties.
Work with an experienced legal professional, one with a proven record. You must protect your future and the future of your family.
Contact our Ringer, Lingold & Spencer Mendenhall DUI attorney immediately at (601) 845-5050. We are ready to go to work for you to fight for you to retain your license and to protect your future.
What Is Driving Under the Influence in Mendenhall?
Our DUI Defense Lawyer in Mendenhall Explains
The state of Mississippi has clearly defined laws surrounding driving under the influence. Most people don’t even realize they are impaired when they get behind the wheel. Understanding how many drinks affect your blood alcohol content can be confusing. The overview, simplified below, tells us that:
- Those 21 years of age and older can be charged with a DUI if their blood alcohol concentration is equal to or greater than .08.
- Those under 21 can be arrested and charged if their BAC is .02 or higher.
As you may know, you don’t need to drink a great deal to reach these levels.
Depending upon a number of factors — including your weight, how quickly you are drinking, the strength of the drink, and your metabolism — just one or two drinks can raise your BAC to a level where it is illegal for you to get behind the wheel.
If you do drive a vehicle with a BAC above the legal limit and get pulled over, your future can change in an instant. When you’re charged with a DUI in Mendenhall, the impact can be far reaching, particularly if it’s not your first offense. Call on our DUI attorney in Mendenhall to give you the aggressive defense you need. Reach our team at (601) 845-5050 today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our DUI Lawyers in Mendenhall Respond to Your Concerns
If you have been arrested and charged with driving under the influence, you have every right to be concerned. And you likely have a lot of questions. Below, our professionals have addressed some of those which are asked of us most often.
Isn’t getting a DUI in Mendenhall just like getting a traffic ticket? Do I really need a lawyer?
If I am pulled over, can I refuse to take a breathalyzer test?
If I am convicted of a DUI, does it go on my record?
This is my first offense. What penalties am I facing?
The questions above are only a sample of what we are asked on a regular basis. You likely have a number of questions relating to your specific situation. Contact our office today at (601) 845-5050 to schedule a consultation with our Mendenhall DUI attorney so we can speak more specifically about the charges you are facing.
The Best DUI Defense Strategy
When you are facing DUI charges, it is important to have a competent and experienced lawyer by your side. A good DUI defense lawyer in Mendenhall, MS, will know how to build a strong defense and will work tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for your case.
Some of the best DUI defense strategies that a Mendenhall DUI lawyer can use include:
- Challenging the stop: If the police did not have probable cause to stop your vehicle, then any evidence obtained as a result of the stop may be inadmissible in court. This could potentially lead to the charges against you being dropped.
- Challenging the breath test: There are many ways that a breath test can be inaccurate. If your lawyer can show that the test was not administered properly or that the machine was not calibrated correctly, then the results of the test may be thrown out.
- Challenging the field sobriety tests: These tests are often subjective and can be affected by factors such as weather, lighting, and the surface on which they are conducted. If your lawyer can show that the conditions were not ideal for these tests, then they may be able to get them discounted.
- Raising an affirmative defense: There are a number of defenses that can be raised in a DUI case, such as medical conditions or prescription medications that can affect a person’s ability to drive safely. If your lawyer can successfully argue one of these defenses, then you may be able to avoid a conviction.
- Negotiating a plea deal: In some cases, it may be in your best interests to accept a plea deal from the prosecution. This can often result in a reduced charge or a lighter sentence. Your lawyer will be able to advise you on whether or not this is a good option for your particular case.
- Did they read you your rights correctly: Your Miranda rights are a must at the time the handcuffs are put on your wrists and you are placed under arrest. If these rights are not read properly or at all, you may walk away free after dismissal of your charges in court.
If you have been charged with DUI, it is important to contact an experienced Mendenhall DUI lawyer as soon as possible. They will be able to review the facts of your case and advise you on the best course of action. With their help, you stand the best chance of getting the charges against you reduced or dismissed entirely.
Our Mendenhall criminal defense attorneys (link to new Mendenhall Criminal Defense page) also know that there are a host of medical conditions that mimic the symptoms caused by drinking or using other substances.
Even those who have not been drinking can be charged with DUI. Innocent until proven guilty is the premise upon which we work, each and every day.
About the DUI Lawyers in Mendenhall
Ringer, Lingold & Spencer. Live Here. Work Here. Love Here.
Ringer, Lingold & Spencer has made a strong and long-term commitment to providing the highest quality legal services to the citizens of Mendenhall. You see, we are members of the community as well, and we believe in the importance of supporting each other.
Our team has an in-depth knowledge of Mississippi DUI law and are well-versed in working in the local court system. We also have past experience as prosecutors. Because we know how the other side will address your case, we know how build your defense. We are proud to leverage our knowledge and experience on behalf of our community each and every day.
Engaging an experienced DUI attorney in Mendenhall is one of the most important decisions you will ever have to make. Working with the right professional can make a significant difference in your life. At Ringer, Lingold & Spencer, we recognize this and take our responsibility seriously. When you work with us, you get the benefit of our:
- 73 years of combined legal experience.
- Commitment to client service. We are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Empathetic approach. We understand and appreciate the stress of a DUI arrest. Our Mendenhall DUI attorneys are well-known for helping to keep our clients calm throughout the process.
Mississippi Proud. Winning Results.
This tagline describes us perfectly. Everyone deserves a quality defense, and we are proud that we provide this to those in our community. Being a responsible citizen means giving back, and our commitment to the people of Mendenhall is unmatched. Additionally, we have a record of success of which we are proud.
Our DUI lawyers in Mendenhall are ready to help you. We will work tirelessly on your behalf to reach the best possible outcome. Reach out to us today at (601) 845-5050 to schedule a consultation